środa, 18 grudnia 2013

Polish Jazz TOP TEN 2013 by Maciej Nowotny














When back in 2009 I started this blog it began as typical online diary whereI posted texts about few CDs I bought for my private collection. At that time I was shy of making any end-of-the-year top lists as I felt I only was able to listen to a fraction of what was produced with participation of Polish artists. But with blog rapidly growing I have found myself in unique position of being one of few persons in this country to actually listen to (nearly) ALL jazz releases which can be attributed as belonging to Polish jazz! Since then I decided that making such a list, though I am not great enthusiast of them, to certain degree is my obligation.

You will not find on this list great names of Polish musicians who in this year released new albums. Tomasz Stańko, Leszek Możdżer, Aga Zaryan, Anna Maria Jopek or Adam Pierończyk - they all recorded good CDs this year but what is astonishing as far as Polish jazz is concerned - there were many totally unknown (at least to international audience) artists who recorded albums equally or even more interesting than those considered to be stars. A selection of them (by far not all!) you will find on my personal Polish Jazz TOP TEN 2013 list:

1. Marcin Masecki - Polonezy 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...